Located at 2663 Main Street in the Village of Whitney Point, New York, the Rural Health Network of South Central New York, Inc. (RHNSCNY), serves rural Broome, Tioga, and Delaware Counties.
RHNSCNY is made up of people who are passionate about creating healthy communities in these three counties:
- Our knowledgeable staff includes enthusiastic educators and caring advocates who help our constituents maintain healthy habits and manage their chronic diseases.
- Our board of directors includes experts in the fields of business, education, human services, and health care, along with others who have an interest in building and maintaining healthy communities in our area.
- We also have extended partnerships with many organizations and businesses in our area. Through these partnerships, RHNSCNY can teach and assist many more rural residents than would be possible working independently.
Together, we work to eliminate barriers between rural residents and the health care they need.
What We Do
The Rural Health Network of SCNY, Inc., has three main service areas:
- Classes and social support for wellness and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Investment in region-wide collaboration through programs like the regional AmeriCorps program, the Rural Health Service Corps.
- Community empowerment through programs like walking/bicycle trail development.
- Closing the Gap:
- Reducing financial barriers to needed health services for rural families through perscription assistance and facilitated health insurance enrollment.
- Reducing geographic barriers to needed services through directory of area transportation services.
Page last updated: February 16, 2012.